Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Snake

Ok so, I was walking home with the girls today, and we saw a snake. It was a cool little garter snake guy and K about peed herself waiting for Daddy to get home from jury duty so she could tell him all about the snake she saw first and how cool he was and how he had a black stripe down his back and he followed along beside us on the other side of the fence, for like about a hundred feet, well when the cement wall came and we couldn't see him no more, but I bet he followed us still. He was so neat, and then I saw a lizard in the thingy that holds the thingy for the gate to open. It was gray and had stripes and spots and he turned his head and looked at me. Oh and Daddy I saw the dead bird, did you know he had brown feathers and I think something tried to eat it, but it must have tasted bad because it was still mostly there. And did you know tomorrow is field day and I'm going to wear a skort so I can run and jump and play, but teacher says I have to wear my tennis shoes. I think that's a good idea because I don't want to kick a ball with bare toes in sandals. Mommy gave us frozen meals for dinner, and I wanted the bug sprinkles but not the meal they were in so B traded me the bug sprinkles for my popping sprinkles, bug sprinkles are really good. Ok, bye Daddy.


Poor Daddy, just stood there trying really hard to follow everything she was saying, and by the end he'd given up on holding in the laughter and was openly chuckling. He patted her on the head and said "Nice to see you too K."

I think Daddy should get called to jury duty more often, or maybe I should walk to pick up the kids more often so that K can see more snakes and tell Daddy all about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment