Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Can Cook!

Very well actually, though my innate clumsiness often ruins my big plans. Meh, c'est la vie!

So tonight I decided to get creative in the kitchen and once more came up with an awesome recipe that I just had to share!

I don't know what to call this dish, but if my family's praise is any indication I will be making it again. To make this fabulous dish you will need:

Approx. 1.25 lbs of firm white fish, I used tilapia
1 jar of your favorite citrus marinade for fish (I use Citrus Fin and Feather)
10-15 Kalamata Olives from the olive bar at your local grocery store
1 fist-sized ball of fresh mozzarella
1 package Buttoni Angel Hair Pasta
Olive oil

Marinade fish for at least one to four hours over night is better.
At dinner time, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. As that is coming to a boil, heat a large skillet over medium heat, add a small amount of olive oil. Place fish in pan, let sear for one minute, then add half of your marinading liquid to the pan. Cover.

Meanwhile, chop the olives, the food processor works best for this, six quick pulses and you're done. Cut the mozzarella into 1/2 in cubes. Drop pasta into boiling water. Boil for one minute. Remove fish from heat.

Drain pasta, and place into a serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat. Toss in mozzarella and olives.

Place a serving of pasta on a plate, place a serving of fish over the pasta. Serve with bread and a salad.


Enjoy! And let me know what you think if you try it out!


What I learned today: If you do not want the mozzarella to melt do not mix it with the pasta in the pan you cooked it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment