Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ah, Saturdays...

Saturdays are one of my favorite days. They have a sort of busy laziness about them. We spend part of the day cleaning, doing dishes and laundry, and the sweep/mop/dust thing, but the majority of the day is spent lazily laying about doing a great deal of nothing.

Occasionally we take a trip to the park or the mall or something, but for the most part we stay holed up in our tiny apartment sequestered from the world. I enjoy these days, spending some of my day with one child or the other or both curled up beside me as we watch a movie, or watching them master the art of putting a shirt on a hanger.

It is the one day of the week the girls generally don't argue or bicker as they are free to do what they wish, either together or apart and are perfectly content to do so.

Which is why you get a Saturday blog about absolutely nothing. Lovely, no?

Sundays on the other hand are a completely different story.

4 comments:

  1. Ah if only I wouldn't put off my sermon writing and Sunday prep for Saturdays, they would be much more lazy! And Sundays. Well..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* Richard, aren't you supposed to do that during the week, you know when you are in your office surrounded by concordance and bibles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEll, Saturdays I'm most usually in the little room full of concordances and Bibles... And yes, I do work on it during the week, but sometimes less than other weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well at least you have windows in your little room *grins*

    ReplyDelete