Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mommy Moment: 5th Grade "Graduation"

Today I had several of them. Well really they started last night, when I was lying in bed going over my schedule for the next day. It was then that it really hit me that we have two days of school left and that the little ceremony would be in the morning.

In my children's school they do not have graduations, as they feel the children do not graduate until the end of twelfth grade. So it is called a Learning Celebration. Whatever they want to call it, it is still that heart wrenching moment as a mom when you watch your child move through a milestone.

So, all through the slide show I held it together! Then they started calling names;

Photobucket
I started to get misty, but I held it together.


Then B's name was called!

Photobucket

I got a little misty again, and again held it together.


She recieved her certificate and stopped for a photo:

Photobucket


After the ceremony she recieved her "graduation" gift:

Photobucket


At this point I choked up, but kept the tears in check. (You can't see them, but there are earrings that match)

She's such a little lady! I am so very proud of my girl and I'm scared and worried for her. I know though that she is as prepared as she can be for this next stage of her life.

Now if we can just make sure she keeps her sense of modesty...


Then I went from this to buying teacher gifts and I lost it in the middle of the greeting card section at Family Christian Store.

2 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous. Congratulations B. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know her and got choked up reading this. My baby boy is off to Kindergarten in the Fall and I am scared to death! I may need to cry on your shoulder this fall!

    ReplyDelete