Tuesday, June 22, 2010

VBS Wrap-Up

Yup. I know VBS was over four days ago, but what can I say I'm a slacker. :D

So, how was VBS?!? I was asked this question a lot on Sunday and since I was running around like the headless chicken, I was unable to say more than. "Really great!" And because I find that unsatisfactory, I shall answer more thoroughly now.

We had a few more than 175 children and around 50 (give or take) volunteers, come and enjoy our High Seas Expetidition! Of those approx. 75 children and 25 adults were in my charge for the week. I can not begin to thank our volunteers enough. The words, thank you for sharing yourself with these children, seem so small compared to how I grateful I am. The children, oh the sweet sweet babies, were so excited to come to "school" every day and learn all about God's word, sing songs, eat yummy snacks, and play on the playground. So many happy smiling faces came through our doors each day, and it made my heart sing to see each and every one of them.

I told you guys about our mission project, well our little ones, both elementary aged and preschool, brought in over $460.00 for Heifer International. With this money we bought a water buffalo, a goat, a trio of rabbits, a flock of ducks, a flock of chicks and a flock of geese. The kids were really excited to know they would be helping children in other countries obtain the food they would need and grow up to be strong and healthy.

Now all that's left is to finish sorting out the supplies, and get everything stored away for next year, returned to those who donated large items, or send it on to another church in our area using the same theme.

Then we can start planning for next June. Yup, we start planning this soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment