Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Gluten Nazi

As you know my youngest daughter was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder and so we try our best to keep her diet as gluten free as possible. This is a very difficult task as she is a carb-aholic. I scrutinize every label for every product I buy. I search out and have found some really great products and some really awful products.

There are times when I feel like a bit of an ogre when she asks for something and I have to say no, because it has way too much gluten in it for her to consume. So I've taken to calling myself the Gluten Nazi.

For those of you with children who or you yourself have a wheat allergy, are on a GFCF diet, or have celiac disease know what I am talking about. I will say that I am not as diligent as I could be and probably should be and I always appreciate new ideas and solutions to this particular issue in our life.

My sister shared a website with me for gluten free products and I thought this would be a great time to share it and some other websites I use.

Be Free For Me is a site for coupons for people with gluten and other food allergies

The GFCF Diet is a great resource for recipes, products, community support and other things for the parent with a child on the GFCF diet.

The Gluten-Free Trading Company
has a plethora of gluten free products for just about anything you could want gluten free.

The GFCF Cookbook has some really great recipes for everything from pancakes to soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment