Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wow!

It is very difficult to be patient and wait for prayer to be answered. I find this is true in all aspects of my life. However, when we least expect it, God will answer our prayers, sometimes in the most phenomenal way.

The Preschool I work for, like most places, is feeling the sting of the economic downturn and our enrollment has been very low. We pray daily for God to bring us more children. Though I must admit that I sometimes forget to ask God for children that need to hear about his love, and instead just ask for warm bodies to fill in the empty spaces.

Today God made it plain to us that he has been listening and knows our needs. He brought us four children today. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Four children may not sound like a lot, but when your maximum capacity is 104 and you have less that 75% enrollment, four is a very big number.

He works in our lives each day and it took a big beautiful thing like four new children, to help me remember that he does hear and answer prayer. He has brought us families that are in need of His love and we have the incredible privileged of sharing the Gospel with them.

What I re-learned today: God answers prayer, only sometimes he says yes, others no and still others with wait. He reminded me that He has a plan for our little school and that in His time we will see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment