Friday, January 7, 2011

Yeah...well..okay fine!

I have to wonder sometimes at all the little things that happen in life and why they annoy the crap out of me. I think you get to the point when you just can't not sweat the small stuff. I try really hard to not let it bug me, and I'm lucky to have friends that don't mind listening to me bitch about the little things so that it is easier to let go.

But right now, I just can't seem to get past the little stuff. I finally got my car back, and now it's broken again. No mouse this time, but I have a feeling I'm going to lose the use of my car for a couple of days. I hope not. I'm hoping for the we just need to reboot your car's computer, give us an hour, route. There's more, I could list them all, but that doesn't serve any purpose, except to bring you all down with me, and really what's the point of that.

Nah, I think I'll talk about the joys and the blessings in my life, and maybe I'll not be so bothered by the desire to claw my allergy laden puffy, itchy eyes from my skull. *chuckle*

I really want to talk about K. A few weeks ago we saw her psychiatrist, and increased her meds. I am not a big fan of blaming all her behavior on the meds, but the change in her was marked. I'm happy for her, and the ease of her life when the medicine works right. She knows the difference in herself when she hasn't taken it and it makes her more willing to remember and that gives me hope.

I know I shouldn't, but I lay awake at night from time to time and think about the what ifs. What if she can never be on her own? Am I strong enough to care for her for the rest of my life? I don't know, but what I do know is that she is precious and this time right now she is well, and happy, except for P.E. class when the teacher wouldn't let her get a drink because she was playing while waiting her turn. :)

I have this amazing opportunity to sit on the floor and play a really boring game, that suddenly is fun and funny because I'm playing with K. She has this knack for making everything she's doing fun, even when it's the spelling homework she hates. She laughs freely and loves hugely, and it is catching.

But my blessed life doesn't end there, I have my lovely twelve year old, who is beginning to come into what is a very interesting personality. She's bright, and curious and so incredibly smart. We have these great conversations and I'm starting to see the woman she could become.

I have a husband who wants to enrich our lives and our marriage and it has brought fun and laughter tenfold into our lives. I am fortunate to be in a career I absolutely love, with all of my heart. I am well and truly bless, and the Lord has been very good to me.

Thanks! I needed that reminder that the small stuff is just that, small and though it can feel overwhelming, it doesn't eclipse the beauty that is in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment