Sunday, January 30, 2011

I was surprised...

...at how disconnected I felt all weekend. I went to Dallas to our annual LCMS Texas District Early Childhood Educators Conference, and I had trouble getting my phone to connect to the internet, which meant I was only able to check my email once a day, and I didn't check facebook at all, so that I didn't use too much data at the end of the month.

I felt so...out of touch. I don't know what this surprises me, I know how wired I am, and yet I wasn't expecting this feeling of disconnect. I even had to make up for it a little by texting with C, something I -never- do. I should say, "I need to just remove as much of this technology from my life as possible." But, well I don't want to. I like being connected to old friends, and knowing what's going on in the lives of my family, and feel connected to them because of it. I don't have enough time in my life to engage long phone conversations with all of the people on my facebook page, nor do I have any desire to do so. I like that my phone gives me instant access to all of these things.

*shrug* I honestly don't know the right answer.

I do know I had a great time this weekend. I learned quite a bit and I enjoyed a time of fun fellowship with my coworkers outside of our day-to-day. So I won't let the little bit of disconnect from the rest of my life take that away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment