Saturday, August 21, 2010

Look out 3rd and 6th grade here we come!

Well it's official, we're ready for school to start! The girls have met their teachers, K got the 3rd grade teacher we were hoping for. We took all of K's supplies up to open house and they are waiting in her desk, at the very front of the class, yes folks she picked that spot, and she wants me to iron her dress for the first day of school, "I know you don't iron all that great Mommy, but just try a little, okay?" Sure honey anything for you.

B has all of her supplies, the right ones now, and they are all neatly tucked into her messenger bag, along with her gym clothes, and little toiletries bag with deodorant and a hair brush and gym shoes. They don't turn in their supplies until the second day of school, but she's taking hers in and putting them in her locker. The only thing left to get is a pair of ballet flats that she can wear with everything.

On the one hand I am so ready for them to go to school I can't see straight. Between the bickering and the fighting and the sometimes all out hostility between them, I want very much for their happy little butts to be in school and doing something productive.

On the other hand, I don't think I'm emotionally ready for this school year. I have to say I'm going to be a freaking basket case of tears when those two little monkeys walk into their separate school buildings and go off to their new big worlds.

"Because being a 3rd grader means you're one of the big kids Mommy, and you don't have to sit with the baby kinders anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment