Friday, August 20, 2010

Beautifully Distracting



I love clouds. I could spend hours staring at the sky, and I am blessed to live in a place where the sky is huge, open and perfectly unbroken. I would say about 90% of all photographs that I take include the sky or unusual clouds.

I love that I can drive to and from work, all 28 miles round trip, and see the beautiful handiwork of God. I have an almost irresistible temptation to take pictures of the clouds every day, but I don't. It's not really safe. And for those of you who follow me on facebook, then you've seen the times I've given into the temptation and taken the pictures. The most recent was the day it rained and half the sky was all dark and ominous with this square of sunshine through the clouds and the other half was big bright fluffy clouds and sun shine. It was gloriously beautiful and I had to take pictures.

The only change I would make to this whole thing would be a view of the sky at work, but then again... if I had one I wouldn't be doing much work.

And I truly believe that God is an artist and he uses the sky to express His incredible love for us and the world He created.

No comments:

Post a Comment