Friday, February 19, 2010

A New Skill

I do not like to be uncomfortable. But then who does? I am not very good at asking for help or for someone to do something for me. Nor am I very enamored with the idea of approaching complete strangers to do this asking.

With that being said, I am finding that I am in fact better at this than I believed. My preschool is holding a silent auction and it is my job to procure items for this auction. I have had to step outside my comfort zone and ask complete strangers for money, in a fashion.

Thus far I have been rather successful with this endeavor. Though I am still not enamored with doing it, I do have a better confidence in my ability to do so. I can in fact walk into a business and tell them my name and why I am there and ask them to donate to our school.

My heart still beats fast, and I have to take several deep breaths before opening that door, but I can and I have and it is wonderful to know that I can still learn a new skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment