Monday, July 5, 2010

Tea Party Shopping

K and I had so much fun shopping for tea party things yesterday! We started on Saturday at Target, and found absolutely nothing that we liked, so we tried Kohl's and once more there was a big fat zero. So we had dinner and went home.

Yesterday I drove all the way out to Bed Bath and Beyond at 360 and 183 and we found a white porcelin tea pot for a whopping $16.23 with tax. As we're leaving I remembered one of my friends talking about the tea party she was throwing for her little girl's fourth birthday and how she'd gone to thrift stores to get every child their own fancy tea cup. So I thought, well there is a Goodwill on the way back home, let's stop there.

Oh my goodness, there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the stacks of stuff on those shelves other than, "dishes," "glasses," "kitchen ware." etc... So K and I spent the better part of half and hour scouring the shelves in that section. We laughed, and joked and found three fancy tea cup and saucer sets, three little plates, three little bowls, a serving plate, a cream and sugar set, a butter dish, a fancy little decorative tea pot and joy of all joys a white porcelin tea pot. We made it to the register and paid $17.36 including tax for all of it.

As we drove back to Bed Bath and Beyond to return the first tea pot, K and I had a great conversation about recycling, buying things used, and finding ways to save money and still get exactly what you want.

I can't wait for Thursday when I get to wear my blue feather boa, and drink tea out of my floweredy tea cup.


What I learned: I often forget to go look at places like Goodwill, the Salvation Army and the church based thrift stores in our area. We have a lot of those kinds of stores, and I hope I can remember that for the next time I need something and buying it used makes so much more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment